There’s no shortage of online brokers to choose from these days. There’s one?that?caters to every type of investor, whether you’re a novice or a stock-picking veteran; into mutual funds or option; just want to dip your toe into the market or are itching to dive into active trading. It’s just a matter of identifying the best online broker for your particular needs. And NerdWallet can help with that.
We’ve sliced and diced the universe of offerings and rounded up the best online brokerage accounts for different types of investors. Our “Best Brokers for…” series features NerdWallet’s top picks in various categories and highlights the ins and outs of each firm’s offerings. Each roundup also links to full reviews of the individual brokers.
For even more in-depth, custom-tailored guidance, NerdWallet’s?free brokerage comparison tool helps you to search more than 70 online brokers for the specific features you want — including investment choices, research and data, mobile trading apps and margin accounts —?and compare total monthly trading and service costs based on the number of trades you place per month.
What are you looking for in an online broker?
- Best brokers for stock trading
- Best brokers for beginning investors
- Best brokers for ETF trading
- Best Roth IRA account providers
- Best IRA account providers
- Best brokers for free trading
- Best brokers for day trading
- Best brokers for penny stock trading
- Best brokers for options trading
- Best brokers for mutual funds
- Best brokers for futures trading and commodities
- Best brokers for an IRA rollover
- Best robo-advisors
More from NerdWallet
Online investing fees you might not know you’re paying
10 things your online broker won’t tell you
5 signs it’s time to switch online brokers
3 steps to protect your brokerage account from being hacked